Here at Abbey Solicitors, our Family Law Solicitors and Mediation team is experienced in dealing with a range of Family Law and Mediation matters. Recent changes in the law require support in these areas for LGBT+ relationships. If you and your same-sex partner or spouse face a legal issue, you can rely on our Abbey Solicitors LGBT+ family law solicitors to provide effective and sophisticated representation.
Family Law and Mediation areas we cover:
- Mediation – is this a bump in the road that is talking and support can get a marriage back on track?
- Divorce and legal separation
- Child proceedings and arrangements for children following the breakdown of relationships
- Child support
- Financial Matters concerning divorce or separation
- High Net Worth Families and individuals
- Cohabitation disputes
- Domestic violence and abuse
- Spousal support
- Obtaining urgent non-molestation orders, occupation orders and prohibited steps orders
Why choose Abbey Solicitors Family Law and Mediation Team?
- We offer extensive resources and a long list of services to satisfy the needs of our clients. Our legal experts use a team-based approach to cover every aspect of a case.
- We create positive overall experiences for our clients even during challenging or tedious family law cases through exceptional customer service.
- We provide answers and peace of mind to clients during complimentary consultations.
With a careful eye toward quality of service over the number of cases, we carefully manage our caseload to provide timely feedback and clear, consistent communication to our clients. We feel that this approach grants our clients peace of mind during otherwise difficult and turbulent times.
We have experienced solicitors to advise you – they are sympathetic and approachable, providing helpful support and well-informed advice.
- Before talking to your Solicitor, you should not make any critical decisions that may affect your future. For example, signing documents and verbal agreements can put you in a difficult situation if you have not benefited from your Solicitor reading them and advising you before signing.
We can advise and support you through mediation, but if an agreement can not be reached using a mediation solution. We will act vigorously in court on your behalf, working hard to get the best result for you and your children.
Everything you tell us is confidential. Our Family team of experienced solicitors will first want to understand your experiences and requirements. Then, we can consider and explain your options and agree on objectives with you. Once we agree on the best course of action, we work tirelessly to get to the best outcome for you and your dependents.
What does a Family Law and Mediation Solicitor do?
Most Family Law and Mediation solicitor firms focus on divorce cases and related issues, such as child custody, property division and prenuptial agreements. They may also offer services in estate planning, adoptions, domestic violence and other family law matters. While some focus on just one practice area, most accept cases across different subjects. If the police are involved, we have an extensive criminal law department.
Our Services include;
- Where there are no children issues or financial concerns, we have a fixed price divorce package that lets you close one door and be ready to move on in your life.
- Answer questions and provide legal advice
- Draft prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- File a divorce, separation or annulment petition
- Respond to someone else’s divorce petition
- Negotiate the terms of a divorce or separation
- Offer alternate dispute resolution services (arbitration and mediation)
- Litigate a divorce trial
- Represent a client during custody proceedings
- Negotiate the terms of a business contract
- Attend child neglect hearings
The right lawyer can take care of every legal task and issue that comes your way during a case. Your lawyer will serve as your defender, advocate and confidant during a complicated legal matter. From investigating an allegation against you to representing you during a brutal custody battle, you can count on your lawyer to do what is necessary to serve your best interests. Working with Abbey Solicitors can give you many benefits.
Domestic Violence or Abuse is unacceptable, and you should report it.
If you have been subject to Domestic Violence or Domestic Abuse, you may be eligible for Legal Aid. To apply for this, you will need to provide evidence that you or your children have suffered abuse and that you are unable to afford legal costs.