Salary – negotiable
Currently working as a Supervisor in publicly funded work
Experience in dealing with a large varied caseload
To be responsible for the day-to-day running and management of the Family Law Department.
To supervise any work undertaken within the Family Department by other fee earners/staff.
To prioritise and manage own caseload
- Attend on clients, taking instructions and acting upon the same.
- Using delegated powers where appropriate.
- Meet the relevant quality, qualifications and professional standards
- Actively source new clients using professional contacts.
- Undertake some of your own Advocacy
- Briefing Counsel where necessary
- Responsible for the Legal Aid Family Contract to include maintaining the required standards and compliance of the same.
- Contribute to the Quality Standards of the firm and reviewing files where appropriate.
- Reporting to the Legal Aid Contract Manager as and when required.
- Use and comply with the online CCMS system.
- Keep up to date with Family Law, attend seminars and comply with the firms training requirements.
- Continue to be a member of ‘ Resolution’ and keep to the Resolutions Code of Conduct.
- Review and sign off all files before they are passed for billing.
- Use the firm’s case management system in place, ensuring that diary dates are observed.
- Composing letters for dictation including files notes/telephone notes etc.
- Family Department recruitment including interviewing candidates on request.
- General administration tasks in relation to individual file management.
- Other tasks as requested
In the first instance email interest to Karen Shawcross –