General Crime

If you are arrested or taken to a police station, you must talk to your solicitor before you make any statement. We have a 24-hour emergency police station service for immediate telephone advice and/or attendance, regardless of the nature or seriousness of your case. We will listen to you, tell you where you stand legally and advise you of your rights. We will explain the powers of the Police and advise you on the best course of action to take according to the situation in which you may find yourself.

Anybody arrested or interviewed in a police station is entitled to legal aid. What this means is that you do not have to pay us for attending the police station. If you are charged, then subject to your income, you may still be entitled to legal aid until the end of your case. This means that you may not have to pay anything to us, or your barrister.

We have experienced criminal law solicitors and caseworkers able to deal with all types of criminal matters and provide specialist advice and representation at Police Stations, Magistrates’ and Crown Courts.

Criminal Appeals

Regardless of its nature or seriousness, if you believe that you have been convicted of an offence you did not commit or, if you are guilty and the sentence is clearly excessive, we can help you to put things right. An appeal can be successful if we can show that the judge did not apply the law properly or new facts about your case have come to light since the trial took place.

We can examine and consider the grounds for an appeal at any time. There is neither a limit on the time in which you can appeal or on the number of appeals you can make.

Actions Against the Police

Sometimes the Police get things wrong and innocent people can suffer distress, injury, unlawful arrest or suffer the consequences of straightforward misconduct. We can help you to pursue a claim for compensation or damages if you think that you have been treated unfairly by a police officer. We will explain the options, the risks and the likely outcome and discuss with you how your case can best be funded. You may also be able to make a claim to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.

We will work tirelessly to establish the true facts of your case in order to obtain appropriate compensation for you.