Supervisor/ Criminal Duty Solicitor
A great opportunity has arisen for a Criminal Duty Solicitor with LAA supervisor status to join our growing criminal legal team based in Manchester.
Essential attributes and skills:
- At least 2 years PQE with proven experience of representing and advising clients on a wide range of criminal matters
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Dealing with a mixed range of criminal offences
- Attending police stations to advise clients
- Preparing and representing clients at the Magistrates and Crown Court
- Preparing briefs to Counsel
Abbey Solicitors is renowned for its strengths in criminal work and this role has been brought about by recent increases in incoming work.
If you are interested in this vacancy and feel you have the necessary skills to hit the ground running, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Family Legal Secretary
We are currently recruiting for a Family Legal Secretary to join our growing Family team. This role will involve assisting our fee earners on a range of family matters, including: matrimonial, divorce, separation, domestic violence and children matters.
Duties will include:
- Drafting a variety of legal documentation
- Using the Legal Aid case management system to submit and manage legal aid applications
- Preparing briefs for Counsel
- Collating Court bundles
- Liaising with Counsel, Solicitor’s and Third-Party Agents
- Diary management
Essential skills and attributes:
- Typing proficiency; both in speed and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Excellent client and customer service skills
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Family Legal Secretary
- Ability to use case management systems
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise work to support fee earners
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is looking to develop a rewarding career in the legal sector and is interested in progressing in a growing and forward thinking law firm.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Civil Litigation Solicitor
An opportunity has arisen for a Litigator with ideally 2 years post qualification experience to join our growing Manchester team. The role will involve working alongside the Partner, while managing your own case load. This is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious candidate who is seeking the next major career step.
Knowledge, experience and skills required:
• Strong written and verbal advocacy skills
• Analytical and logical decision-making skills
• Client development and negotiation skills
• Solid grounding in Civil Litigation
• Qualified Solicitor from NQ upwards.
• Experience handling a full litigation case load
• Ability to work without supervision
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com